This recipe was a favourite at our family christmas. Served with a chilli con carne, salad and sour cream - yummmmmm!
- From Family Circle Tex Mex recipe book -
* 3 C plain flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup oil
* up to 1 cup warm water.
- mix together to form soft dough
- knead for 5 minutes on floured surface
- cover and leave in warm place for 1 hour
- divide into 12 pieces and roll each out into (about) 20cm circles
- heat heavy pan or BBQ to medium temperature and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- If there is any left – can be frozen when cooled.
* To make corn tortillas, use a mix of polenta and plain flour.